Jude starts school in a week which means busy mornings. This year I’m hoping to be better prepared for school morning breakfasts by creating some make-ahead breakfast items like these Strawberry Oatmeal Bars.
Strawberry Oatmeal Bars
- 1.75 sticks cold butter cut into pieces
- 1.5 Cups Flour
- 1.5 Cups Oats
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 10 oz. strawberry preserves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Butter the bottom of a 9 X 13 baking dish
- In a large bowl mix together flour, oats, brown sugar baking powder and salt.
- Add butter to oat mixture and cut in with a pastry cutter or fork until small crumbles are formed throughout.
- Pour half of the oat mixture along the bottom of the pan and spread evenly.
- Then spread evenly the preserves over top of the oat mixture.
- Top with the remaining oat mixture spreading evenly across the top covering the preserves.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes
- Allow to fully cool before cutting into bars.
I think these make for the perfect on-the-go breakfast. If you bake them the night before and store them in an air tight container you will have breakfast waiting for you when you wake up.