Paleo Zucchini Noodles & Slow Cooker Meatballs
Spaghetti has always been a staple meal in our home so giving up pasta was sort of a big deal. I’ve done a lot of research on spaghetti substitutes and zucchini noodles seem like the best option. So I did a little more research on how to make them and how to make Paleo meatballs and I think I came up with a pretty tasty recipe if I do say so myself. (Joe also thought it was rather yummy, in fact he said they were the best meatballs he’d ever had!)
- 3-6 Zucchinis (Depending on the size of the zucchini. I usually estimate 1 zucchini per person)
- Wash the zucchini and then using a mandoline slicer julienne slice the zucchini. (Avoid the section with the seeds, the seeds cause the noodles to break.)
- Place zucchini noodles in a colander over an empty bowl. Salt zucchini and let stand for a few minutes. (This helps release the moisture in the zucchini.) Dry off the noodles .
- Place noodles in a pot of water on the stove and bring to a boil for about 1-2 minutes. (Don’t let the noodles cook too long, it only takes a minute really.)
Slow Cooker Paleo Meatballs
- 3lbs Ground Beef
- 1/4 cup finely cut spinach
- 2 tbls finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- salt and pepper
- favorite pasta sauce
- In a bowl combine the ground beef, spinach, onion, garlic salt, salt and pepper.
- Mix together all well with your hands.
- Form small meatballs (about 1-2 inches in diameter) and place on a plate
- Meanwhile heat oil in a pan (medium/medium-high)
- Brown all sides of the meatballs
- Place Meatballs in the bottom of a slow cooker
- Cover with favorite sauce
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours.
Top your zucchini noodles with meatballs and sauce, enjoy!
Zucchini is super low in carbs which makes the perfect light side dish for a heavy meal . Good for the diet it helps to lose weight. What are you waiting try to make Paleo Zucchini Noodles is a heck of easy!