For our trip to Disney World we are flying to Orlando; this will be our family’s very first time flying together on an airplane. The kids are super excited, while Mom and Dad are a little apprehensive, although I’m sure it will all go smoothly. Because we’ve never flown anywhere, we’ve never needed decent luggage. When you drive on vacation, you can just shove your junk into whatever bag you have. So, to say we needed to purchase some luggage would be an understatement.
We did a lot of research to find luggage that not only met our requirements of durability and maneuverability, but we also had to consider standard airline-checked luggage requirements. Most airlines have a luggage size limit of 62 linear (total) inches (which means the total of your bag’s length, width, and height) and 50 lbs per checked bag. We found several excellent options that fit all of the requirements, but after reading reviews and comparing prices, we settled on the Samsonite Freeform 24″ Spinner.
- ULTRA-LIGHT, ultra-strong shells withstand the rigors of modern travel
- FOUR MULTI-DIRECTIONAL double spinner wheels allow 360-degree upright rolling so there is no weight on your arm or shoulder
- RECESSED TSA combination lock provides security when checking belongings; cases expand for added packing capacity
- CROSS RIBBON and DIVIDER for easy packing, multiple pockets to keep belongings organized, and a built-in ID tag
- EXPANSION allows you to pack more items, and compression keeps clothing neatly pressed
- PUSH-BUTTON locking handles provide easy maneuverability when extended out from the suitcase and store neatly inside when not in use
- 10-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY: Samsonite products are rigorously tested to ensure our products meet stringent standards. This bag comes with a 10-year warranty against defects in materials and workmanship.
- PACKING Dimensions: 24.0″ x 18.0″ x 11.5″, OVERALL Dimensions: 27.95″ x 19.57″ x 13.39″, 8.5 lbs.
Excellent maneuverability – the spinner wheels quickly move in any direction
Security – Integrated TSA-approved lock
Expandable and lightweight – The polypropylene exterior makes the overall weight of the suitcase very light, which means you have more room/weight to pack.
Affordable – An excellent price for a medium size suitcase, priced around $200 (occasionally found on sale for $160)
Trusted Brand -Samsonite is a well-known and trusted brand in the luggage industry
The matte colored polypropylene exterior is prone to scuffs
Limited interior sorting option
Samsonite is one of the most well-known brands in the luggage industry and is constantly producing top-quality and innovative products. The Freeform 24″ Spinner is no exception; the quality and craftsmanship of this luggage are ideal. Even though there aren’t many interior compartments or accessories, I like the space and flexibility it offers. I was surprised with how much we could fit into each compartment and still be under the standard weight limit. I can already tell that the exterior is prone to scuffs and scratches, but a well-worn suitcase is simply the badge of an avid traveler. A few scratches are OK as long as the structural integrity of the suitcase withstands years of travel.
Overall, I think the Samsonite Freeform 24″ Spinner is a great checked bag for anyone. It’s available in a variety of colors and has a 10-year limited warranty, which makes it a winner in my book. You can watch my full video review on my YouTube Channel.
Book Your Family Vacation
Thinking of taking a family trip to Disney, Universal, or a Cruise? We recommend using Jessica Lieb with ET Family Vacations to find you the best deal on your family vacation. Jessica can save you time and money on your trip. Plus, her services are 100% FREE FOR YOU!