Daylight Savings is this weekend so you know what that means, Fall Back. What you might not know is that every time you change your clock you should change the battery in your smoke detector.
Energizer is partnering with the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) to help keep families safe through the Change Your Clock Change Your Battery® program. The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) estimates that 28 million homes are at risk because they either don’t have smoke alarms or their smoke alarms do not work, mostly due to dead or missing batteries. That’s scary.
So on November 3rd when you change your clocks take a few extra minutes to change the batteries in your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors.
Facebook Fire Safety Event
From now through November 3, visit the Energizer Bunny® Facebook page and click on the Fire Safety Info Tab. Here you will have the chance to enter a sweepstakes to win an additional Family Safety Kit. Energizer will be giving away one Family Safety Kit per day. Contained in the kit, valued at more than $167 is:
- One reusable grocery tote
- Two Kidde Battery-Operated Combination Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Alarms
- One Kidde fire extinguisher
- One 4-pack of Energizer Ultimate Lithium AA batteries
- One 2-pack of Energizer® MAX® 9 volt batteries
- One 4-pack of Energizer® MAX® AA batteries
- Two Energizer Weatheready® LED Safety Light flashlights
- One Energizer Bunny® Plush Bunny
In addition you can find fire safety tips, a home escape plan that you can download and draw your family’s home escape plan, as well as a coloring and activity sheet.
One lucky reader will win a Energizer Family Safety Kit. Use the Rafflecopter form below to enter. Giveaway Ends 11/9
The Family Safety Kit comes in a reusable grocery tote containing:
· One 16-pack Energizer® MAX® AA Batteries years
· One 1-pack of Energizer® MAX® 9 volt batteries
· One Energizer® Weatheready® LED Safety Light flashlight – Waterproof flashlight powered by AA, AAA or C cell batteries
· One Kidde Battery-Operated Combination Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Alarm
Giveaway ends on November 9, 2013. The winner will be chosen using random.org and announced on this post. Entrants must be 18 or older. Winner to be chosen at random. Winner will be notified by email and has 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. See giveaway rules for more information.
I was provided the featured product free of charge but all opinions are 100% mine.