It’s a crisp fall day. You’re seriously craving some comfort food. You sit down at the table and in front of you sits a plate full of linguine with a creamy roasted red pepper Alfredo sauce topped with crispy bacon. Mmmmm… What could be better?
That’s my kind of comfort food. Pasta. Yes! Creamy Cheese. Yes! Roasted Red Peppers. Yes! Bacon. One thousand times Yes!
I LOVE roasted red peppers and find just about any reason to add them to a dish. Pasta with Alfredo sauce is good but adding roasted red peppers just takes it to a whole new awesome level. And of course, anything topped with bacon has to be good. Right?
Thanks to Mueller’s I now have a new favorite pasta dish. Mueller’s Pasta challenged me to make the ultimate fall comfort food and I think it has fall written all over it.
Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo with Bacon
Cook Time: 20 min
Prep Time: 5 min
# of Servings: 8
- 1 (16 oz) box of Mueller’s Linguine
- 4 TBS Butter
- ½ Large Onion, diced
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Roasted Red Pepper (or 1 Jar of Roasted Red Peppers) deseeded & diced
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- ¼ tsp White Pepper
- ½ cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- ¾ cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 4-6 slices of Cooked Bacon (I prefer uncured bacon)
- Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions
- In a large pan heat 2TBS of butter over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic and sauté for 3 minutes or until soft. Then add your diced red pepper and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Carefully transfer the contents of your pan to a food processor or blender. Puree the peppers until well blended.
- Heat the other 2TBS of butter in the pan over medium-high heat. Pour the pepper sauce into the pan. Add the cream and white pepper and bring mixture to a simmer.
- Stir frequently
- Add Parmesan cheese and simmer for 8-10 minutes until sauce has thickened and is smooth.
- Add Mozzarella cheese and stir frequently until smooth.
- Drain cooked pasta and top with sauce.
- Top with crumbled bacon pieces.
From now until the end of November you can vote for my Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo with Bacon recipe in the Tastes Like Home Sweepstakes on the Mueller’s Pasta Facebook page.
You can vote daily and each time you vote you will be entered to win a $250 Visa Gift Card. (If my recipe has the most votes I win a little something too!)
Voting Ends 12/1.
I was compensated to create the featured recipe but all opinions are 100% mine.