Something wonderful hits shelves today, NEW-Limited Edition Peppermint OREOs.
Just in time for the holiday season OREO is releasing a Peppermint flavor. Like I need another reason to buy and eat OREOs.
They were super easy to make and best of all required NO BAKING. Jude helped me make the cookie balls and we had a blast working together in the kitchen (sneaking delicious little bites here and there).
Peppermint OREO Truffles (Cookie Balls)
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 package OREO Cookies with Peppermint Creme, finely crushed
- 4 packages (4 oz each) semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
- 8 starlight mints, coarsely crushed
- Crush the OREOs. We placed ours in a large zip-top bag and had fun beating it around until all the cookies were finely crushed. You could do it the boring way and put them in a food processor but what fun is that?
- In a large bowl mix together the cookie crumbs and cream cheese.
- Shape 1-ince balls and place them on a cookie sheet.
- Freeze cookie balls for 10 minutes (you don’t want them to get completely frozen just cold enough they don’t fall apart when you dip them in the chocolate).
- Meanwhile, melt your chocolate. I melt my chocolate in a double broiler because we don’t have a microwave (it’s a long story).
- Then crush your 8 starlight mints. We implored the same bag-crushing method as the cookies… it’s just fun.
- After the cookie balls are cool dip the balls in the melted chocolate. Use 2 forks to easily roll the balls until they are evenly coated.
- Place in a single layer in a shallow waxed paper-lined pan.
- Sprinkle with candy.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator.
Peppermint OREOs are available for a limited time at your local Food Lion
I was compensated by OREO to purchase the ingredients for the recipe but all opinions are 100% mine.