Fall is here! What could be more autumnal than chili? How about chili made with pumpkin? Yes, yes I think pumpkin chili wins for being the most fall.
- 2 Tbs Olive Oil
- 2 cloves garlic – minced
- 1 yellow onion – diced
- 1 large carrot – diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper – diced
- 3 mushrooms – diced
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 1 can diced tomato
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tbs Chili Powder
- 1 Tbs Cumin
- 1 Tbs Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- Salt and Pepper
- Over medium-high heat cook garlic and onions in olive oil until tender
- Add carrots and peppers and cook for 1-2 minutes
- Add mushroom and cook for 1-2 minutes
- Reduce heat, add all remaining ingredients and let simmer for at 30 min to 2 hours.
I added field peas and kale to my recipe. If you wish to add kale just put it in 30 minutes before serving.
My family loves chili so everyone loved this recipe. We usually eat our chili topped with avocado and the boys like to scoop it with crackers.