We had Jude’s 2nd birthday party. It was a pirate theme party held at our local park. It was a fun time with lots of kids and lots of sunshine.
Since it was a morning party we didn’t have a cake but instead had muffins. They were simple to make with the Pirate Cupcake Combo pack from Wilton. Everyone loved the pirate flags. I think that makes muffins more delicious. We even had pirate party favor bags!
And finally I made the cake. I used the Pirate Ship Pan but was intimidated by all the elaborate icing decoration options so I decided to keep it light, literally. Instead of a typical butter cream frosting I made a simple whipped cream and embellished with fresh fruit. I think it turned out kind of cute!
Wilton helps families celebrate! For 80 years, Wilton has been the industry leader in cake decorating, quality bakeware and food crafting. They are the number one resource for nationally-located decorating classes, proven supplier of professional Wilton decorating bakeware and provide step-by-step information online and thru our publications to help you make your celebration special with Wilton cakes, cookies, cupcakes and candy.
Win: One (1) lucky reader will win a pirate birthday set similar to the one I received.
Visit Wilton and then leave a comment telling me your favorite item.
- Like Wilton on Facebook
- Follow Wilton Cakes on Twitter
- Follow in GFC, Subscribe via email or RSS feed to The B Keeps Us Honest in GFC. (1 Entry for Each)
- Follow @bkeepsushonest on Twitter.
- Tweet this (can be done daily): “Win a pirate birthday set @wiltoncakes @bkeepsushonest 9/15 https://tinyurl.com/39hkzc7 #giveaway”
- “Like” The B Keeps Us Honest on Facebook
- Add my button to your blog.