I never win anything :(

I hear a lot of people say this when I talk about giveaways. It’s true that winning a giveaway is a 80% luck of the draw but the other 20% is persistence. It’s pretty obvious to say that the more giveaways you enter your chances of winning drastically increase. (It’s simple math.) With blog giveaways you often have multiple entry opportunities to win one or more prizes which even further increases your chances of winning. 

Take for example, Cindy Windy who has won a countless number of blog giveaways, many from The B Keeps Us Honest. I recognize her Blogger Profile in my comments because she is consistently entering every possible option for every giveaway. That’s how she’s won so many giveaways. Check out her April loot.

I know some people don’t have the time to enter a million times into every giveaway but remember the more persistent you are the more likely you are to win.

Similar Posts


  1. I agree. As a self proclaimed frugalista I enter giveaways (especially low entry giveaways) and win lots of stuff. If I can win it before I buy it, I will. The great thing about entering giveaways (especially low entry giveaways) is not only does it increase your chances of winning but you're also helping out the blogger when you enter their low entry giveaways. Sure I only win a bunch of small stuff but I like to enter the "grocery type" giveaways because it saves us a lot of money on our grocery bill. I won 3 free wanchai ferry meals, free gorton's seafood, 2 free 6 packs of aquafina, a honey ridge farms gift pack, and a $25 Walmart gc all within the last 2 weeks which is going to take a huge dent out of our grocery bill. Sorry to ramble on but I agree with our post.
    Bottom line is: You can't win if you don't enter. πŸ™‚

  2. Agreed!

    I used to think I had horrid luck. But in the past year I have won so many giveaways its not even funny. I'm extremely thankful for every one of them.. I can think of one that was for myself and not 100% needed, but the rest has gone a long way in caring for my son. We'd manage without them, but still… its made life a lot easier. And I love finding all the giveaways πŸ™‚

  3. stop whining and start entering πŸ™‚ I enter a TON and win a little but still works for me πŸ™‚

  4. Agreed, 100%!! I started entering a bunch of giveaways just recently, and I wont about 9 of them in 1 month! You really have to spend the time to get all the different entries in order to have a better chance at winning!

  5. Thanks for the shout out! I used to only enter instant win and sweepstakes, but so hard to win, and then I stumbled onto giveaways. The wins have helped our shrinking income in these hard economic times. Basically I enter for anything and everything I can use. Because of all the giveaway wins I've only had to buy 2 gifts this year, as opposed to the many birthdays, anniversary, mother's day, father's day, etc… And like Angie said it has definitely helped reduce my grocery bill. Good luck and keep working at it everyone!

  6. I have been a giveaway-entering fool in the past year! I've won some great stuff and it's fun. The only thing I'm not willing to do is all of the retweeting. I think it's obnoxious, although I can certainly see why bloggers list this as an extra entry. I also won't add a blogger as a friend on Facebook. But I will always "like" their blog's page! Wait, I also won't vote for anybody's child to win a contest. I guess there are a few things I won't do! πŸ™‚

  7. I to enter in a ton of giveaways and win stuff, but it takes a lot of work and a lot of prep.. now I have a spread sheet with all the entries that are normal for most blogs and a system to enter them… I can enter about 100 every 3 days or so and my winnings are listed on my blog:
    http://whateverandbeyond.blogspot.com/ under the results tab.

  8. I was just thinking about this. I've been doing giveaways for the past 8 months or so and I've won 3 times. 2 diapers and a $50 Toys R Us GC/$100 Gift Bag combo. I used to just to every entry option once and then forget about it. But now every morning I go down my blog list on blogspot and check each giveaway to make sure I get my daily tweet in or post a new comment to earn an entry, etc. I hope doing this will increase my chances!

    Winning is fun, that's really the only reason I do it. And to try out new diapers, but haven't won those yet lol

  9. I think winning is just a % thing or something. The more giveaways you enter, the better your odds are of winning something!

    The same is true at the casino. You have to bet big to win big πŸ™‚

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *