So I got of track the past couple of weeks with my meal plans and I can tell you that having a plan helps my sanity and my budget. So this week I’m determined to get back on track.
Monday – CG Ham
Tuesday – Potato Soup and Grilled Cheese
Wednesday – Chicken Tacos
Thursday – Fettuccine Alfredo
Friday – DATE Night
Saturday – Pancakes
Sunday – Burgers, Sweet Potato Fries and Peas
Our lunches will consist of left overs and sandwiches.
If you’re like me you have a lot of left over food from your big Easter meal. One left over I always have a hard time reusing is mashed potatoes. Well I found this great recipe for potato soup that uses your left over mashed potatoes and is pretty simple.
- Drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 8 ounces shredded yellow cheddar cheese
- In a medium pot or Dutch oven, heat a drizzle of EVOO over medium-high heat. Add bacon and cook until crispy. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon to a paper towel-lined plate and reserve.
- Drain off excess bacon fat from the pot and add butter. When it is melted, add the onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle flour into the pot and cook with a wooden spoon for 1 minute. Whisk in the chicken stock and bring to a bubble. Cook until slightly thickened, about 2-3 minutes.
- Whisk in mashed potatoes, then stir in the cheddar cheese with a wooden spoon and cook until the potatoes are hot and the cheese is melted.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with the reserved bacon.