The best way to start your spring cleaning is by making a list. I love making lists and crossing things off, it gives me a sense of accomplishment. I usually walk around the house making a list of every single little thing that needs to be done. Then I set daily or weekly goals so as not to get overwhelmed my all of the projects I made for myself.
If you have no idea where to start here is a simple checklist you can use to get started:
- Clean Every Room
- Dust ceiling, fixtures, vents, artwork, mantle, corners, books, shelves, etc…
- Wipe down the door, tabletops, hardware, windowsills, TV, baseboards, etc…
- Spray clean windows, glass, tabletops and mirrors.
- Dry clean drapery, slip cushions, duvets, etc…
- Vacuum/ Sweep and Mop floors
- Tidy up closets and bookshelves
- Organize Every Room
- Remove clutter (winter clothes, heavy blankets, fireplace tools)
- Donate unused items
- Recycle newspaper, magazines and junk mail
- Throw away anything in poor condition
- Add organizational items
Use this free To-Do List Printable