With Christmas around the corner I’m sure a lot of us are doing more shopping online. I previously posted about the importance of internet security while shopping online.
Keeping your information safe is important, especially to AVG. My husband, the family computer expert, installed AVG on our computer and here are his thought:
AVG Internet Security is among the most comprehensive security programs I’ve seen. In addition to the usual firewall and antivirus, AVG also includes more novel components, some of which I’ve found quite useful. It includes a link scanner to warn of potentialy harmful websites before you click on them, and antispyware & antirootkit components to protect from malicious programs and system breaches. AVG also includes a system tools component that allows you to monitor and access the threat level of your Windows processes, network connections, etc. Because all of these components are integrated, they seem to work very well together.
The license agreement also allows users to update to the latest version. We started out with version 8.5 but within a day had upgraded to version 9. The upgrade process went smoothly, and the AVG software turns on Windows Firewall automatically while it updates so that your computer is not left vulnerable. It will also turn on WIndows Firewall during an uninstall, which I think is classy. Upgrading to 9.0 does reset the AVG firewall to default so we had to reconfigure the firewall after the update, but the FW config process is pretty easy to follow.
AVG has led the world in anti-virus protection for years. 80 million people around the globe rely on AVG to protect them while they’re online or offline. Threats today go way beyond viruses and only AVG adds the extra layers of protection against today’s biggest online threats.
AVG offers a variety of anti-virus and internet security options from the Anti-Virus Free Edition 9.0 to the Internet Security 9.0.
Free – Download the AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 9.0 for basic protection against trojans and other virus that may try to infect your home computer.
- Mandatory Entry: Visit AVG and leave a comment on this post telling me which feature is most important to you.
- Follow or Subscribe to The B Keeps Us Honest (current subscribers count)
- Follow @bkeepsushonest and @officialAVGnews on Twitter
- Tweet this (can be done daily): WIN AVG Internet Security 9.0 Software from @bkeepsushonest https://tinyurl.com/y88wfsw
- Add my NEW button to the side bar on your blog (2 entries)
- Enter another giveaway on The B Keeps Us Honest. Leave a comment on this blog letting me know which one. (Each giveaway counts as a separate entry)