Walt Disney World offers more than just your average theme park fare. Of course, you can find plenty of hamburgers and chicken tenders, but there are much better dining offerings.
Planning your Disney vacation includes booking your hotel, buying tickets, and, most importantly, deciding what to eat.
Pro Planning Tip: We recommend using Jessica Lieb with ET Family Travel to book your Disney vacation!
Dining Options at Disney
The dining options in Disney World vary from quick-service restaurants to fine dining experiences.
Quick Services restaurants offer fast-casual meals. Guest order their meal at a counter or via mobile order. You will typically find sandwiches, burgers, and chicken tenders at Quick Service locations. However, some locations offer specialized and unique dining options.
Table Service restaurants are sit-down dining rooms where waitstaff will serve guests. These restaurants typically offer more unique food options. Reservations are highly encouraged.
Signature Dining restaurants offer a high-end, full-service dining experience. You will find the highest quality food, drinks, and wine lists at these restaurants. These locations may enforce a dress code. Reservations are highly encouraged.
Character Dining restaurants offer guests a unique dining experience with the opportunity to meet and interact with Dinsey characters while they eat. Reservations are highly encouraged.
Food stands or food carts are located throughout the parks and offer quick and convenient snack and drink options.
Disney also has many restaurants that offer special dietary options, such as vegetarian, gluten-free, and Kosher.
Best Restaurants in Magic Kingdom
- Be Our Guest – Located in Fantasyland, Be Our Guest is based on the classic Disney movie Beauty and the Beast. Guests can enjoy French-inspired food in one of the three dining rooms – the ballroom, the Rose Gallery, or the Beast’s Castle.
- Crystal Palace – This Character Dining experience features Winnie the Pooh and friends. Food is served buffet style. Guests should expect standard American fare, such as carved meats, prepared pastas, and salads.
- Liberty Tree Tavern – Liberty Tree Tavern offers traditional American cuisine; think Thanksgiving dinner. Liberty Tree Tavern features a family-style feast set in a colonial-style dining room themed after influential U.S. historical figures.
- Jungle Navigation Co., Ltd. Skipper Canteen – The Jungle Navigation Co., Ltd. Skipper Canteen is based on the Jungle Cruise ride. The menu offers dishes inspired by cuisines from around the world.
- Cinderella’s Royal Table – In a meal in Cinderella’s Castle. Guest will meet Cinderella as they enter the royal dining hall. Cinderella’s Royal Chef will prepare a feast of appetizers—and main courses such as spice-rubbed pork tenderloin and Parisian gnocchi.
- Columbia Harbour House – Enjoy New England-inspired dishes like a lobster roll or shrimp boil.
- Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café – Cosmic Rays’ offers a variety of items, including burgers, chicken, and salads. Explore the galaxy with Sonny Eclipse as he serenades you with his out-of-the-world music.
- Casey’s Corner – Located right in front of Cinderella Castle, Casey’s Corner serves all-American favorites like hot dogs and corn dog nuggets.
- Sleepy Hollow Refreshments – This quaint cottage near Cinderella’s castle offers sweet waffle sandwiches and funnel cakes topped with strawberries and whipped cream. Sleepy Hallow Refreshments is the perfect place for a mid-morning breakfast snack.
- Pinocchio Village Haus – Pinocchio Village Haus serves pizza, salads, and other Italian-inspired dishes. Pinocchio Village Huas plenty of indoor seating with some seats near big windows that overlook the “it’s a small world” ride!
- Main Street Plaza Ice Cream Parlor – The Plaza Ice Cream Parlor is the perfect sport for a cold, sweet treat. The menu offers your standard ice cream and sundaes.
- Aloha Isle – Home to the iconic pineapple Dole Whip. Located in Adventureland, you will also find Dole Whip floats and Dole Whip flavors like raspberry and coconut.
- Spring Roll Wagon – Located just in front of the Adventureland entrance, the Spring Roll Wagon is home to the cheeseburger spring roll. You will also find other specialty spring rolls at the location.
- The Sunshine Tree Terrace – Known for its citrus swirl and other ice cream-based treats, you will find delicious fried pot stickers at this snack spot.
Best Restaurants in EPCOT
- Garden Grill Restaurant – Located in The Land pavilion, the dining room in Garden Grill slowly rotates, offering views of the Living With the Land ride. Say hello to Farmer Mickey, Chip, Dale, and Pluto while you enjoy a family-style meal.
- Le Cellier Steakhouse – Le Cellier serves high-quality steaks, seafood, and wine. Dine in the cozy cellar of a Canadian château in the Canada Pavillion.
- Teppen Edo – Celebrated authentic Japanese cuisine at Teppen Edo. Chefs cook traditional Japanese dishes right at your table for a unique dining experience.
- Via Napoli Ristorante e Pizzeria – Via Napoli has authentic Italian cooking, including hearty pasta dishes, fresh salads, and wood-fired pizzas.
- Chefs de France – Located in the France pavilion, Chefs de France serves authentic French bistro fare like French Onion Soup, Ratatouille, Boeuf Bourguignon, and gruyere cheese baked Mac and Cheese.
- Les Halles Boulangerie-Patisserie – This French bakery has savory and sweet options like sandwiches, soup, salad, pastries, macarons, and more.
- Regal Eagle Smokehouse – In the American Adventure pavilion, Regal Eagle serves some of the best barbecue in Disney World. They serve American BBQs like Memphis Dry-Rub Pork Ribs, Texas Beef Brisket Sandwich, and Kansas City Half-Smoked Chicken.
- Sunshine Seasons – Sunshine Seasons serves something for everyone with options like pizza rolls, grilled chicken, and Asian vegetable noodle salad. They also have a few options here for plant-based eaters.
- La Cantina de San Angel – Located in Mexico the menu consists of tacos, nachos, and empanadas. The dining is outside, but they sell margaritas, so that’s a win.
- Yorkshire County Fish Shop – The Yorkshire County Fish Shop serves Fish and Chips. The menu is limited. However, they do offer other snacks and drinks here.
- L’Artisan des Glaces – L’Artisan des Glaces serves 16 flavors of house-made ice cream and sorbet. They also serve a Brioche Ice Cream Sandwich and a Macaron Ice Cream Sandwiches.
- Karamell Küche – Located in the Germany pavilion, Karamell Küche serves delicious caramelly treats, like caramel popcorn, caramel butter bars, caramel cupcakes, and excellent seasonal snacks.
- Festival Booths – EPCOT has festivals throughout the year that serve some of the best food in Disney World.
Best Restaurants in Hollywood Studios
- Hollywood Brown Derby – Modeled after the famous Brown Derby restaurant in Hollywood, California, you will find favorite eats like the Famous Cobb Salad. This signature restaurant also has a lounge that accepts walk-up guests and has many of the same classic menu items as the full restaurant.
- Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant – This quirky restaurant offers a unique dining experience. Guests will dine in cars shaped like classic 1950s convertibles at a drive-in movie theater. Clips from classic sci-fi movies play while you dine on burgers, fries, and shakes.
- 50’s Prime Time Cafe – You’re dining with family when you eat the 50’s Prime Time Cafe. The dining room resembles a 1950s-style kitchen and serves comfort food like fried chicken, meatloaf, and pot roast. The servers add a wacky twist with commentary like “eat your veggies” or “get your elbows off the table.”
- Mama Melrose Ristorante Italiano – Mama Melrose combines Italian cuisine and California charm. Choose from dishes like authentic pasta, savory chicken, and seafood.
- ABC Commissary – ABC Commissary is themed after a production studio commissary, with posters and props from famous TV shows and movies. The menu includes Pork Carnitas Tacos, a Curry Rice Bowl with Shrimp, and a Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese Sandwich.
- Backlot Express – The Backlot Express is themed as a production warehouse that serves traditional theme park fare to please even the pickiest eaters. The menu consists mainly of burgers, sandwiches, and salads.
- Ronto Roasters – Head to Galaxy’s Edge for a delicious meal prepared by a pitmaster droid. Seating outdoors here and the menu is limited, but the Ronto Wrap will not disappoint. They also offer a plant-based wrap, the Zuchii Wrap.
- Docking Bay 7 – Docking Bay 7 is a quick-service restaurant in Galaxy’s Edge. Here, galactic dishes like the Fried Endorian Chicken Tip Yip, the Topato Stir-Fry, and the Roasted Endorian Chicken Salad.
- Woody’s Lunch Box – Located in Toy Story Land, Woody’s Lunch Box is an outdoor dining spot that looks like a giant lunch box. The menu features Totchos, BBQ Brisket Melt, and Lunch Box Tarts.
- Trolley Car Cafe – The Trolley Car Café is the Starbucks location in Hollywood Studios. In addition to coffee, they sell specialty treats like the Carrot Cake Cookie.
- Oga’s Cantina – This Star Wars-themed features alcoholic drinks like the Fuzzy Tauntaun and the non-alcoholic Blue Bantha. Reservations are highly encouraged.
- BaseLine Tap House – BaseLine Tap House is a lounge in Hollywood Studios where you can grab a beer, a charcuterie board, or Bavarian Pretzel.
- Kat Saka’s Kettle – Kat Saka’s Kettle is located in Galaxy’s Edge and serves two different kinds of popcorn: Buttered Blue Grains (blue-colored buttered popcorn) and Outpost Popcorn Mix (a combination of sweet and spicy flavors.)
Get Help Planning for FREE
If you’re looking for FREE guidance and help planning your Disney vacation, contact Jessica with ET Family Travel to get your FREE no-obligation travel quote.
Best Restaurants in Animal Kingdom
- Tiffins – Tiffins is a signature restaurant that offers international cuisine across three different dining rooms, including the Asia-themed Trek Gallery, the Africa-themed Safari Gallery, and the Animal Art Grand Gallery. The menu features a signature bread service, the Tamarind-braised short rib, and the chocolate ganache. Reservations are highly recommended.
- Tusker House – Tusker House is a character dining spot where you can meet Mickey and his pals dressed in safari clothes. This buffet-style dining serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner with American, African, and Asian-inspired dishes.
- Yak & Yeti Restaurant – This Asian-inspired restaurant serves various Asian-inspired dishes, including sushi, stir-fries, and curries.
- Satu’li Canteen – Satu’li Canteen can be found in Pandora — The World of Avatar. The menu features customizable bowls that allow you to select a base (rice, noodles, potatoes, or lettuce), a protein (or fried tofu), and a sauce. They also sell cheeseburger steamed pods.
- Flame Tree Barbecue – Flame Tree Barbecue offers plenty of outdoor seating with gorgeous views of Discovery River. The menu features barbecue like smoked chicken, St. Louis ribs, a pork sandwich, and baked mac ‘n’ cheese with pulled pork.
- Kusafiri – Located near Kilimanjaro Safaris, Kusafiri is a coffee window offering substantial breakfast sandwiches and hearty lunches. You can enjoy chicken and pork flatbreads or spiced potato hand pies for lunch.
- Yak & Yeti Local Food Cafe – A quick-service alternative to Yak & Yeti’s table service restaurant, this spot is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. You can enjoy dishes like chicken fried rice or a mini mango pie.
- Pizzafari – Pizzafari has plenty of indoor seating, and the menu is full of Italian-American options, including pizza.
- Nomad Lounge – This lounge is connected to the signature restaurant Tiffins. The menu draws inspiration worldwide, with dishes like Chicken Manchurian or Togarashi-spiced Tuna Nomad Bowls and Impossible Sliders. They also offer a host of hand-crafted cocktails.
- Pongu Pongu – In Pandora — The World of Avatar, Pongu Pongu serves alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages along with the infamous Pongu Lumpia. Pongu Lumpia is a spring roll filled with cream cheese and pineapple. Specialty drinks like the green beer, Hawkes Grog Ale, and the Night Blossom are crowd favorites.
- Eight Spoon Cafe – Eight Spoon Cafe is located on Discovery Island and has unique snacks like baked mac ‘n’ cheese with pulled pork and pulled pork-jelly doughnut sandwiches.
- Anandapur Ice Cream Truck – Cool off with soft-serve ice cream and other delicious treats. They often have a specialty sundae based on the time of year.
- Dino-Bite Snacks – In DinoLand, U.S.A., you can enjoy an ice cream cookie sandwich. You will also find ice cream, floats, and more.
Disney Dining Beyond the Parks
Walt Disney World Resort in Florida offers fantastic dining options in the parks, hotels, and Disney Springs. You can enjoy specialty restaurants located in hotels even if you aren’t a guest staying there. Advanced Dining Reservations can be booked 60 days in advance. Guests staying on-site can book Advanced Dining Reservations 60 days out for the entire stay (up to a 10-night stay.)