With the temperatures warming up, we are spending more and more time outside. Exposure to the sun’s harmful UV Rays increases the risk of skin cancer. Protecting your child’s skin is important since a blistering sunburn in childhood increases a person’s chances of developing melanoma later in life. There are a few simple sun-safe habits that children should learn when they are young to ensure life-long healthy skin.
- Seek Shade – Encourage children to play in shaded areas, especially during the middle of the day when UV rays are the most intense.
- Protective Clothing – Hats, high-UPF swimwear, UV-blocking sunglasses. The more skin that’s covered the better.
- Apply a Safe Sunscreen – Not all sunscreens are created equally. Look for sunscreens that contain no parabens, no phthalates, no SLS, no artificial fragrances, and are free of oxybenzone.
- Reapply – Reapply sunscreen every two hours, or after swimming or excessive sweating
- Set a Good Example – Children mimic what they see so set a good example and follow all of these tips for your own skin safety.
I use Kiss My Face Kids Defense with Air Powered Spray SPF 50 on my boys. I like its quick and easy application for hard-to-reach places with the angle Air Powered Spray. It is also formulated with a unique blend of Antioxidant Defenders for advanced protection.
I love the easy-to-use spray for the Kiss My Face Kids Defense Spray, with three busy boys it greatly reduces the amount of time it takes me to apply and reapply sunscreen.
Disclosure: I received the featured product in exchange for my honest opinion. The opinions expressed in this post are my own and not influenced by the company.