I have a bit of a sweet tooth and chocolate is my weakness. Since I’ve been trying to eat healthier this year I’ve drastically cut back on the amount of sweets I’ve eaten. But every once in awhile I need something sweet to satisfy my cravings but rather than reaching for a calorie filled candy bar I make these delicious dark chocolate covered frozen bananas.
They are super simple to make and I add a bit of coconut oil to the chocolate for a rich flavor.
Dark Chocolate Covered Frozen Bananas
- 1 TBS Tropical Traditions Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil
- 6 oz Dark Chocolate chips
- 1 banana sliced
- In a double boiler melt dark chocolate and coconut oil.
- Remove chocolate from heat and dip banana slices into the chocolate
- Place chocolate covered bananas on a parchment lined plate or tray.
- Freeze chocolate covered bananas for about 1 hour before eating
Chocolate Frozen Bananas are my favorite night time snack. I like cutting them up into bit size piece rather than dipping a whole banana because they take a little longer to eat so I can enjoy the flavor all that much more.
I was provided a sample of the Tropical Traditions Virgin Coconut Oil to assist in creating this recipe. The opinions expressed are my own.