There is no better place than Beaches Turks and Caicos for a getaway in paradise that is family-friendly and ideal for adults. Beaches Resort is located on Grace Bay Beach, one of the most beautiful beaches in the entire world. This all-inclusive resort is the perfect tropical vacation for the whole family. After you arrive, you don’t need to worry about a thing because they take care of it all.
At Beaches, everything is taken care of for you to have a stress-free vacation. Your kids will be in great hands with their accredited childcare and autism certification. They also take great care to accommodate guests with food allergies. The average temperature year-round in Turks and Caicos is in the mid-80s, meaning there’s never a wrong time to visit. A vacation at Beaches is the ultimate all-inclusive vacation for families.
Pro Planning Tip: We recommend using Jessica Lieb with ET Family Travel to book your Family vacation!
Pros and Cons of Beaches Turks and Caicos
- It’s All-Inclusive – After you make the final payment, you don’t have to worry about a thing. There are no additional fees or expenses once you arrive. Everything is included, from the Pirates Island Waterpark to airport transfers, tips, watersports, meals, the fitness center, alcoholic drinks, entertainment, and more. Even the childcare, kids camp, or the teens’ lounge is also included if you want that. You can purchase a few optional extras, like off-site excursions, scuba lessons, and spa treatments; otherwise, everything is included. This means you can leave your wallet in the hotel safe unless you want to purchase souvenirs from the gift shop.
- Beautiful Resort – The resort is beautifully maintained and landscaped, making it a pleasure to explore. The resort is large, and there are so many things to see and do; all of it is gorgeous.
- The Beach – Grace Bay Beach is considered one of the most beautiful beaches in the world, with its turquoise clear water and white sand. You will have no trouble spending the day relaxing on the beach, staring at the crystal waters.
- Conveniently Located – Many airlines have direct flights to Turks & Caicos from New York, Miami, Newark, Charlotte, and Atlanta.
- Kid-Friendly Rooms – Many rooms throughout the resort are designed with families in mind. A large selection of room categories makes it easy to find a room that will suit your family. There are suits with bunk beds for the kids, rooms with multiple bathrooms, and a spacious beach house ideal for large families or groups.
- Family Friendly Spaces – Since Beaches is designed with families in mind, taking your kids to dinner, shows, and activities is simple. Everything is designed to be accessible for kids. The restaurants accommodate children, and you are always made to feel welcome. There are a few adult-only areas and activities, but most of the space is for everyone.
- Food for Everyone – With over 20 restaurants, it’s easy to find food everyone will enjoy. Since it’s all-inclusive, you can order whatever they want without worrying about it. The menus always have kid-friendly options, but children can order anything.
- Limited Seating at the Pool – If you want a seat by the main pool, you must get up early to claim your spot. This is typical at many resorts in the Caribbean. People wake up early in the morning to claim chairs for the day. This can be frustrating if you want to sleep in and enjoy a leisurely morning. If you upgrade your reservation to include Butler service, they will secure your spot by the pool.
- It’s a Large Resort -The resort is enormous, which means a lot of walking. Navigating the resort can also get a little confusing. However, plenty of signs around the resort help direct you to your destination. If you have little kids, you may want to bring a stroller to help get around. If you have mobility issues, it could make a trip to Beaches a little more challenging.
- Not for Foodies – If you’re looking for an epicurean adventure, this may not be your place. While the food at the resort is good, it’s not award-winning. It’s a large, all-inclusive resort, meaning they make large amounts of food to feed the general public. You will find plenty of decent options, but if you’re looking for fine dining, this isn’t the place.
- The Price – The all-inclusive part of this resort makes the initial price rather steep. But when you consider everything that is included, the price seems rather fair.
Beaches Turks and Caicos is a massive resort with five villages to stay. We stayed in the Italian Village, centrally located near the main pool, waterpark, and beach activities.
The five villages include:
-Key West Village
-Seaside Village (part of the Caribbean)
Each village has a unique style and amenities like pools, restaurants, and activities. No matter which village you stay in, the entire resort is free to explore. You can swim at all the pools, eat at any restaurant, and do all activities throughout the resort.
Several room categories include Luxury, Concierge, Club Sandals, Butler Service and Suites. Comparing the categories can be a little overwhelming, so using a travel agent can be very helpful.
There is always something to do at Beaches. You will find music playing and activities happening throughout the resort. Bulletin boards throughout the resort keep you updated on daily events. A few activities your family may enjoy are nightly live shows, swim-up bars, nightclubs, street parades, bonfires, and more.
Waterpark – One of the best features at Beaches Turks and Caicos is the Pirate Island Waterpark. This large waterpark includes slides, a splash pad, a lazy river, and a surf simulator. Kids of all ages will enjoy spending the day at Pirate Island. The best part is that, since admission is included, you can go to the waterpark daily.
Water Sports – Included in your Beaches stay is an incredible variety of all‑inclusive water sports. You could try a new activity every day of your trip and still not complete the exhaustive list of water sports included. Some more popular activities are snorkeling, glass bottom boat tours, paddleboarding, kayaking, and even scuba diving for trained divers. Guests may take a Scuba training course for an additional price.
Sesame Street Activities & Shows – Your little ones will have a blast sanding and playing the Sesame Street characters like Elmo, Super Grover, and Cookie Monster. They can see their favorites in weekly Character Parades or at the nightly Sesame Street stage shows. There are also special character-based events like baking cookies with Cookie Monster and Tea Time with Abby Cadabby and Elmo.
XBox Lounge – Guests of all ages can enjoy the unlimited free games in the XBox Lounge. While this is a hot spot for tweens and teens, everyone is allowed in the Xbox lounge. Join your friends to play Minecraft, Forza Motorsports 7, NBA 2K18, Hexic 2, Dirt Rally, and more during your trip.
There are over 20 restaurants at Beaches to choose from. You can enjoy cuisine worldwide and take a culinary tour of Mexico, Italy, Jamaica, and more. With so many options, the hardest decision is deciding where to eat. It is almost impossible to try every restaurant, but we tried.
There are a few adult-only restaurants for parents looking for a kid-free date night. However, most restaurants are kid-friendly and have plenty of options for everyone.
My Favorite Restaurants
Breakfast: Sky Restaurant or Schooners
Lunch: Jerk Truck or Arizonas
Snack: Cafe de Paris or Curls and Swirls Ice Cream
Dinner: Sapodillas (adult only) or Le Petit Chateau
One of the perks of staying at Beaches is the childcare. Enjoy much-needed kid-free time while your children are cared for by certified nannies. Kid Camp programs are available for kids of all ages, from tots to teens.
A daily schedule of activities, games, and even visits from Sesame Street characters will have your kids begging to go to the Kids Camp. The Kids Camps are equipped with everything your little one may need to be comfortable during their stay.
Autism Certified Center – All Beaches Resorts team members have training for working with children with autism. They try to include all children in the activities and make adjustments to accommodate children with special needs.
Beaches Resort is all-inclusive, which means practically everything is included in the cost. All your food, drinks (including alcoholic beverages), water activities, pools, the waterpark, and entertainment.
Everything Included in Your Beaches Vacation:
Unlimited gourmet dining at 21 restaurants
Breakfast, lunch, dinner and anytime snacks
Unlimited premium liquors
15 bars, including swim-up bars
Stocked bars in every room
Unlimited Robert Mondavi Twin Oaks® wines
All tips, taxes and gratuities
Roundtrip airport transfers
Kids Camp with certified nannies
Pirates Island Waterpark
Caribbean Adventures with Sesame Street®
PADI-Certified scuba diving (and all equipment)
Snorkeling (and all equipment)
Hobie Cats, paddle boards, kayaks
Professional instruction for water sports
Beach volleyball, basketball, pool tables
Liquid at Beaches nightly teen club
Xbox Play Lounge
Day and night tennis
A fitness center with state-of-the-art equipment
Day and night entertainment, including live shows
Free WiFi (in room and all common areas)
The Caribbean’s first Certified Autism Centers
10 freshwater pools, 4 whirlpools & 1 scuba diving pool
What’s Not Included:
Spa Treatments (and gratuities for spa personnel)
Gratuities for butler service
Gratuities for airport shuttle drivers
Medication from the Nurse
Gift Shop Items
Scuba Certification or Refresher Courses
Book Your Vacation
Ready to book your family vacation? We recommend using Jessica Lieb with ET Family Vacations to find you the best deal on your family vacation. Jessica can save you money on your trip. Plus, her services are 100% FREE FOR YOU!