I’m so blessed to have kids that like vegetables and eat them willingly, most of the time. On occasion they refuse to eat their veggies and try to pull out the “picky eater”. In our house you have to try everything on your plate no matter how many previous times you’ve tried the same food.
Jude isn’t a fan of peppers but I always make him try one whenever we have them for dinner. Everyone has foods they don’t like but sometimes you grow to like things you never thought you would enjoy. I used to hate tomatoes and now I absolutely love them.
Mueller’s has a new line of pasta that has a full serving of veggies in every 4 oz portion, Hidden Veggie Pasta. Hidden Veggie Pasta looks and tastes just like traditional pasta but has vegetables like squash, carrots and corn right in the pasta. My kids didn’t even notice and most importantly neither did I, Hidden Veggie pasta tasted like the other types of pasta we are used to eating. I’ve tried a few other brands of pasta that claimed to have vegetables in them but some of them had weird flavors, textures and even weird smells.
Hidden Veggies Past is priced at a $1.79 maximum retail value and most likely to find Hidden Veggie on your grocery shelves if you reside in the following cities and surrounding areas: Miami, Tampa, Detroit, Atlanta, Orlando, Raleigh/Durham, Charlotte, Richmond/Norfolk, Jacksonville, Grand Rapids and Greenville.
Chicken, Bacon and Asparagus Pasta
- 1 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 box of Mueller’s Hidden Veggie Pasta
- 2-3 medium size tomatoes
- 2 chicken breasts cut into thin strips
- 4 slices of bacon
- 10 asparagus stems
- 1 Tsp. Italian seasoning
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Pour olive oil in a large skillet and brown the chicken, season with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to directions on package.
- In the same pot of boiling water, add the asparagus for 2-3 minutes then remove and place in cold water.
- Remove the cooked pieces of chicken then cook bacon in the same pan.
- Meanwhile cut asparagus into bite size pieces.
- Remove bacon from pan and cut into bite size pieces then add tomatoes, asparagus, chicken and bacon back to the pan.
- Drain pasta and top with chicken mixture.
- Top with grated Parmesan cheese
My family loved this meal and the boys didn’t even know they were eating so many vegetables.
Like Mueller’s Pasta on Facebook and get a money saving coupon.
One lucky reader will win a Year’s Supply of Mueller’s Hidden Veggie Pasta. Use the Rafflecopter form below to enter. Giveaway Ends 3/27. (Year supply of pasta consists of 24 coupons for 1 free package of Mueller’s Hidden Veggie up to $1.79 maximum retail value.)
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Giveaway ends on March 27, 2012. The winner will be chosen using random.org and announced on this post. Entrants must be 18 or older. Winner to be chosen at random. Winner will be notified by email and has 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. See giveaway rules for more information.
Disclosure: I received the featured product in exchange for my honest opinion. The opinions expressed in this post are my own and not influenced by the company.