One of the ways we save money is by packing our lunches. Joe takes his lunch work most days and whenever the boys and I are out we try to pack plenty of snacks and lunch, if possible. While sandwich bags work great for transporting food there are some disadvantages.
Disadvantages of Using Sandwich Bags:
- Wasteful – they end up in landfills and are harmful to our environment
- Waste Money – You have to keep buy more plastic bags
- Not protective – Sandwiches get squished in plastic bags
- Not good for storing liquids – If you want to pack a dip a plastic bag isn’t the best option
We like to pack a variety of items in our lunches so having a versatile lunch system like the new Rubbermaid LunchBlox Sandwich Kit is awesome. Joe particularly likes that they snap together to create one big box of lunch awesomeness. I like that they are BPA free and can be washed in the dishwasher. We were both surprised at the amount of food the LunchBlox Sandwich Kit can hold.
Details about the Rubbermaid LunchBlox Sandwich Kit:
- Containers stack compactly to stay organized
- Blue Ice™ keeps your lunch cool on the go
- Secure lid seal
- Microwave, Dishwasher, and Freezer Safe
- Sandwich container holds regular and specialty bread
- Sandwich Kit includes 2 Snack Containers, 1 Side Container, 1 Sandwich Container and 1 Medium Blue Ice
I received the featured product in exchange for my honest opinion. The opinions expressed in this post are my own and not influenced by the company.