5 Tips for Packing School Lunch
Packing lunches every day can get tedious and boring. Here’s what you can do to save time, energy, and money when packing school lunches every day. Hopefully, these lunch packing tips will make your life a little bit easier.
- Buy in Bulk – You know you’re going to be packing lunch every day so buy items in bulk, especially if it’s an item your kid particularly loves. Buying in bulk generally saves money too.
- Buy Proper Food Storage – Reduce your use of Ziploc bags by purchasing reusable lunch boxes and water bottles. Bentgo boxes are designed to keep food separated and prevent spills during travel.
- Pack Ahead – Pack lunches the night before. Not only does it save time in the morning but kids can help make their lunches.
- Offer Variety – Keep kid lunches well-rounded. Include protein, fruit or vegetable, carb, and something sweet in each lunch.
- Include the Kids – To prevent lunches from not being eaten let kids help pack their lunch. Give them an option between 2 items to put in their lunch. As kids get older they can then put together their own lunches and your job is done!
Pack A Well Rounded Lunch
To pack a well-rounded lunch be sure to include a variety of types of food. To help guide you when packing lunches download this free School Lunch Idea pdf and display it on your fridge. When packing lunch each day make sure to include at least 1 item from each category:
- Turkey & Cheese roll-ups
- Tuna & Crackers
- Spaghetti & Meatballs
- Pasta Salad
- Bagel & Cream Cheese
- Meat, Cheese & Crackers
- Mac & Cheese
- Chicken Nuggets
- Pita & Hummus
Fruit and Vegetables
- Bell Peppers
- Dried Fruit
- Snap Peas
- Fruit Snacks
- Trail Mix
- String Cheese
- Granola/Cereal Bar
- Apple Juice
- Sparkling Water
Download this free School Lunch Ideas Document.
Mixed Berry looks yummy!
I’d like to try the Mixed Berry flavor.
I am most interested in the Tropical variety.
I would love to try the tropical flavor.
I’d like to try the mixed berry flavor 🙂
I want to try the Tropical flavor.
I would like to try the Fruit Medley.
I would like to try the mixed berry.
We would love to try Mixed Berry. Looks delicious!
I want to try the Fruit Medley.
I’d like to try Tropical.
The fruit medley caught my eye! These would make great snacks for on the go as well!
I’d like mixed berry!
I want to try the tropical flavor first.
I would like to try the mixed berry flavor.
I would like to try the fruit medley because it has cherry which I love.
They all sound like they would be great, but I will say the mixed or the tropical would be my first picks.
i want to try the Tropical! They all look so yummy! my kids would love them all i am sure!
I would love the tropical. I think my boys would like the mixed berry.