As soon as I learned this information I check our hand-me-down car seat that we used for Jude and learned that we needed to upgrade before baby 2 arrived. Here’s how you can check to see if your car seat is expired. I checked the Manufactured Date on the bottom of my seat and base and learn that our car seat was manufactured on June 29, 2005. Which means it will expire on June 29, 2011. (That’s right around the corner.)
Graco sent us the SnugRide 35 Infant Car Seat in the Rittenhouse pattern for baby boy. The Graco SnugRide 35 has been thoughtfully constructed and rigorously tested for safety, including side-impact testing, to help keep your baby secure up to 35 pounds and 32 inches tall. Its LATCH-equipped, stay-in-car base has a one-hand dial adjustment to ensure the proper installation angle, and an integrated belt lock-off to further simplify installation. Add in the removable infant head support and the EPS, energy absorbing foam, and it’s easy to see why this infant car seat is one of America’s favorites.
Since we now have a new car seat for baby 2 (who is due any day now!) we need to properly dispose of our old car seat. Although it may be tempting to sell or donate an expired car seat remember you never want to put any other baby in danger. So to ensure that no one tries to use the car seat Graco recommends cutting the straps before discarding it. (Babies-R-Us occasionally has the great trade-in event where you can bring in your old, outdated baby gear and save a percentage on new purchases.)
- Like Graco on Facebook
- Follow @GracoBaby on Twitter
- Follow in GFC, Subscribe via email or RSS feed to The B Keeps Us Honest in GFC. (1 Entry for Each)
- Follow @bkeepsushonest on Twitter.
- Tweet this (can be done daily): “Win a @GracoBaby Snugride 35 Infant Car Seat @bkeepsushonest 6/21 https://tinyurl.com/4yfg2v9 #giveaway #2bmom”
- “Like” The B Keeps Us Honest on Facebook
- Add my button to your blog.
- Enter any of my other current giveaways (1 entry per giveaway entered)
- If you added the 2B Mom button to your blog before 1.1.11 (3 additional entries)
- Add the 2B Mom button to you blog after 1.1.11 (2 entries)