There are three great performances planned this season that are sure to captivate your little ones. In October, Halloween Magic! includes a magician performing mysterious and astounding illusions to the thrilling, chilling sounds of Dukas’s The Sorcerer’s Apprentice, Gounod’s Funeral March of a Marionette and more. You can even wear your costume and join in the Halloween parade.
In January, The Mozart Experience features a street musician caught playing the orchestra’s grand piano and is offered an onstage role as Mozart in an upcoming performance. But the play’s not the only thing in this thrilling musical adventure, as the musician, joined by her prankster companion, soon finds her world mirroring the life of music’s most famous prodigy.
And finally in March, Peter and the Wolf is a delightful favorite for the whole family, Prokofiev’s timeless story of bravery and teamwork is brought to life through music and dance. Also on the schedule: charming works inspired by classic storybook characters, including Huckleberry Finn and Sleeping Beauty.
The North Carolina Symphony Kids program is designed to feed the curiosity of your young maestro with an hour-long adventure into the magic of symphonic music. Designed for families and children ages 4-12, these concerts are a perfect introduction to an essential art form, featuring pre-concert games and the chance to try out many of our instruments.
Win: One (1) lucky reader will win a family pack of 4 tickets to all three NCSKids shows. (3 shows at 11am)
- Visit NCSKids and then leave a comment with something you learned or like about the program.
- Like North Carolina Symphony on Facebook
- Follow @ncsymphony on Twitter
- Follow in GFC, Subscribe via email or RSS feed to The B Keeps Us Honest in GFC. (1 Entry for Each)
- Follow @bkeepsushonest on Twitter.
- Tweet this (can be done daily): “Win a family pack to all 3 NCSKids shows by @ncsymphony via @bkeepsushonest 10/5 https://tinyurl.com/382tsk4 #giveaway #iheartnc”
- “Like” The B Keeps Us Honest on Facebook
- Add my button to your blog.
- Enter any of my other current giveaways (1 entry per giveaway entered)